SELLING A BUSINESS
Experienced Legal Service for Buying or Selling a Business
Nick Yocca has extensive experience representing clients in a wide range of business law matters, including the buying and selling of businesses. He can review all aspects of your transaction to ensure that your interests are protected and that you are getting what you expect out of the purchase or sale.
Considerations in Business Purchases and Sales
From the initial stage of your business transaction to the final closing, there are many aspects of the transaction to consider in order to protect your financial interests. These include:
• Proper valuation of the business and its inventory
• Real estate and inventory liens
• Employment taxes
• Franchise and non-compete agreements in place
• Financial statements and other important documents
• Proper drafting of contracts and other documents needed for the transaction
• Structuring the sale as an asset purchase or stock purchase
Nick Yocca would be able to be on your team, to work closely with all of our client's pre-existing CPA's, attorneys, business brokers, consultants and officers to help ensure that our clients' financial and legal concerns are met.
If you are thinking about buying or selling your business, you should not simply rely on a broker to facilitate the purchase. Only an experienced attorney provides independent advice concerning the transaction. Experienced attorneys like Nick Yocca can anticipate or resolve many issues that may arise in order to accomplish a deal closing and are "deal makers" without sacrificing their client's interests.